Ingredients:50g/2oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan
2 Chicken Breasts
25g/1oz Odlums Cream Flour
1 tablespoon Water
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Split chicken breasts in half lengthways. Place between two sheets of cling film and pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place the oatflakes into a food processor and process until fine, about a minute!
- Put the oatflakes, breadcrumbs and cheese into a bowl and mix them well together.
- Beat the egg and water together in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly coat each chicken breast with flour, then dip into the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off.
- Next, coat the with the breadcrumb mixture. Stack the prepared chicken between sheets of greaseproof paper or cling film and let stand for about 20 minutes. They can also be prepared in advance and stored in a fridge for 24 hours.
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry the chicken pieces, two at a time, until cooked and golden on both sides.
- Keep warm while frying remaining breasts.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and mange tout.