Pastry150g/5oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Butter (softened)
25g/1oz Icing Sugar
50g/2oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
Filling175g/6oz Butter (softened)
175g/6oz Shamrock Caster Sugar
175g/6oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
2 Eggs (beaten)
2 tins Pear Halves (drained)
- Make pastry by putting all the ingredients into a processor. Buzz until a ball of dough is formed. Wrap in cling film and keep in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 25cms/10″ quiche dish or equivalent.
- Gently roll out pastry and line the prepared tin. Prick surface of pastry well with a fork and place in oven while making the filling.
- Beat all the ingredients for the filling together until smooth.
- Arrange the pear halves at intervals in the pastry case, then spoon over the filling.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 40 to45 minutes.
- Serve with cream, crème fraiche or ice cream.
If processor not available. Put the dry ingredients into a bowl, rub in the butter and form into a ball of dough with the egg.