175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
2 tablespoons Cold Water
Pinch of Salt
25g/1oz Shamrock Brown Sugar
Pinch of Cinnamon
Rind of Lemon (optional)
Tin of Pear Halves (drained)
Shamrock Whole Walnuts (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.Grease a 2 pint casserole dish with the 25g/ 1oz of margarine.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon rind, if used, together. Sprinkle this over base.
- Arrange pear halves on the base. Place whole walnuts into centre of each half.
To make sponge:
- Using all-in-one method, put the flour, sugar, margarine, eggs, water and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Beat well until mixture is creamy and smooth. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes approx.
- Turn out onto serving dish and serve with custard, crème fraiche or ice cream.