350g/12oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
225g/8oz Butter (room temperature)
225/g/8oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
150ml/ ¼ pt Shamrock Maple Syrup
Rind of 1 Orange
Level Teaspoon Ground Ginger
50g/2oz Pecans (chopped)
Filling & Topping
500ml Carton Fresh Cream (whipped)
2 Tablespoons Shamrock Maple Syrup
Rind of 1 Orange (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 325°F / Gas 3. Line sides and base of a 20cms/8” deep cake tin.
- Put all the ingredients except the pecans into large mixing bowl and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, level the surface. Bake in a lower shelf position for about an hour and a half until well risen and springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tin, then transfer to a wire tray to get cold.
- Fold the maple syrup into the whipped cream.
- Slice the cake horizontally into three. Sandwich with the cream and spread over te top and sides.
- Decorate the top with the rind of the orange.
- Store in a fridge.