175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
1 large Rhubarb Stalk (cleaned & chopped)
1 heaped Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
75g/3oz Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons Milk.
Whipped Cream/Custard/Ice Cream/Crème Fraîche
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a small ovenproof frying pan.
- Put the rhubarb and the sugar in a bowl and microwave in ‘High’ for 2 minutes.
- Put the flour, vanilla essence, caster sugar, eggs and milk into a processor and give ‘buzz’ until batter is formed.
- Place the rhubarb into the pan, Spread over the batter and bake for about 15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Turn onto a serving plate and serve hot with any of above.
- Best eaten the day it is baked!!!