Ingredients:175g/6oz Odlums Cream Flour
Pinch of Salt
1 level teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
1 Egg (beaten)
2-3 tablespoons Milk
Fruitfield Raspberry Jam
A little Milk for brushing
Extra Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a flat baking sheet.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and the margarine.
- Coarsely rub the butter into the ingredients. Add the egg and milk and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and shape into a thick roll, then divide into six equal portions.
- Flour hands lightly and roll each portion into a ball. Place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press a hole in the top of each bun.
- Put a little jam into each hole. Wet the edges of the dough with a little water and pinch together enclosing the jam. Brush with a little milk and dust each bun with a little sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire tray.