175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125/4oz Caster Sugar
150g/5oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
2 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons Drinking Chocolate
4 Tablespoons Water
2 Teaspoons Goodall’s Red Food Colouring
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a 12 cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Beat butter or margarine and sugar in a bowl until light in colour.
- Add the flour, eggs, drinking chocolate, water and red colouring. Beat well until mixture resembles a thick batter.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Bake for 20 minutes until risen and ‘springs back’ when gently touched.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold decorate as liked!
- Shamrock Ready to Roll White Icing
- Goodall’s Coloured Ready to Roll Icing (as desired, eg. match Bridesmaid’s, flowers etc.)
- Cupcake wrappers, as desired
- Fruitfield No Peel Marmalade (glaze to attach icing to bun)
- Impression Mats (lace motif)
- Silver Sugar Balls (or coloured as desired)
When cupcakes are cold, roll out ready-to-roll icing. Press impression mat onto icing. Using a round cutter, cut out design. Spread a thin layer of marmalade on top of cupcake. Gently ease onto cupcake. Place silver ball in centre of cupcake, to decorate.
Note: If liked, cupcake wrappers may be used for serving each cupcake.