175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
Pinch of Salt
3 to 4 Tablespoons Cold Water
1Heaped Tablespoon Odlums Cream Plain Flour
2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
50g/2oz Butter for dotting on Berries.
A little milk and some granulated sugar.
- Lightly grease a flat baking sheet. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Put the flour and salt into a bowl, rub in the butter or margarine with tips of fingers. Add sufficient water to mix to a soft dough. Lightly roll in some flour, then cover with cling film and leave in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl, add the berries and gently mix until all are coated.
- Roll crust into a large round and transfer to the prepared tin. Put the blackberry mixture into the centre of the round. Dot with the butter.
- Bring the excess pastry/crust around the edge onto the berries. Brush with some milk and dust on some sugar.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with whipped cream, ice cream or custard!!