300g/10oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
100g Thinly sliced Salami
200g Packet Grated Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese
Roma Sun Dried Tomato's (optional)
1 Egg beaten with a tablespoon of water & a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a flat baking tray.
- Put flour, butter or margarine, salt & pepper into a large mixing bowl. Coarsely rub ingredients together, lifting mixture as you do.
- Add sufficient water to mix to a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface and lightly knead. Cut the pastry in half.
- Roll out first half into oblong about a quarter of an inch in thickness. Spread a thin layer of dijon all over.
- Place a layer of Salami on top, then sprinkle on the cheese. Finally dot with the tomato’s if used.Brush the edge of the pastry with the glaze.
- Roll out remaining half of the pastry to the same size and place over the filling. Press the edges with the prongs of a fork to seal.
- Brush all over the top with the glaze. Prick top of pastry all over with a fork to allow the air to escape during baking.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cut into wedges.
- Serve hot with a salad.