- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 150ml/¼ pint Milk (approx)
- Pinch Salt
- 25g/1oz Caster Sugar
- 25g/1oz Margarine
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, stir in sugar, if used.
- Rub in margarine.
- Add sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and gently knead to remove any cracks.
- Roll out lightly to 1” in thickness. Cut into scones with a cutter dipped in flour.
- Place on a floured pre-heated baking sheet/tray, glaze if liked with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 425°F/220°C/Gas 8 on upper shelf position for 10 mins. approx .
- Cool on a wire tray.
To Make Fruit Scones
50g/2oz of Shamrock sultanas, cherries or raisins may be added to the dry ingredients before adding the liquid
To make wholemeal (brown) scones
Use 125g/4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal and 125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour following the same method as above.
Above quantities may be doubled if you wish!