Ingredients350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda (sieved)
100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
25g/1oz Sesame Seeds
25g/1oz Sunflower Seeds
25g/1oz Pumpkin Seeds
25g/1oz Poppy Seeds
1 tablespoon Shamrock Demerara Brown Sugar
2 Dessertspoons Oil
300ml / ½ pint Milk
125g Carton Yoghurt (Natural or Hazelnut)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put wholemeal, cream flour, salt, sieved bread soda, walnuts, seeds and sugar into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- In a jug combine the oil, milk and yogurt together and add to the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- Bread cuts better if left until the next day.