200g/7oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Margarine (room temperature)
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
Rind of 1 Orange
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
175g/6oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
2 to 3 Tablespoons Orange Juice
Few Drops Yellow Colouring
Shamrock Ready to Roll Icing
- Preheat oven to 190 C/375 F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 30cms x 23cms/12” x 9” baking tin.
- Put the flour, margarine, sugar, eggs, rind and juice into a mixing bowl and using the all-in-one method beat all the ingredients together until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes until risen and springs back when gently pressed.
- Remove from oven and turn onto wire tray. Remove the lining paper. Allow to get cold.
- Meanwhile, roll out the icing and cut into ‘petals’ allow 6 per square. You will get about 12 squares!
- Make the icing by adding the colouring and sufficient orange juice to mix to a thick paste.
- When cake is cold cut into 12 squares. Spread the icing on each, then arrange the ‘petals’ around and finally sprinkle the centre of the “flowers”with the sprinkles!