Stoneground Wholemeal Brown Bread
350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda (sieved)
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
300ml / ½ pint Milk
125g Carton Yoghurt (Natural or Hazelnut)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put wholemeal, wheat bran, sugar, salt and sieved bread soda into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Add the oil, milk and yoghurt and stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite “wet”.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- Bread cuts better if left until the next day.
Sprinkle Odlums Oatflakes or sesame seeds on top of dough before baking.
Open Prawn Stoneground Wholemeal sandwich with Marie Rose Dressing
For a quick and Healthy lunchtime treat, why not layer up our Stoneground Wholemeal Bake Your Own bread with this High Protein High Fibre feast !
225g/8oz cooked Prawns
4 Cold hard boiled eggs
Marie Rose dressing :
4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Chef Tomato Ketchup
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Dill & Black Pepper to decorate