50g/2oz Odlums 4Health Wholegrain Oats
500g/1lb Minced Beef
1 small Onion (chopped)
1/4 Teaspoon Marjoram
1/4 Teaspoon Oregano
2 tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
1 small Red Pepper (cored, seeded and chopped)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
Salt & Pepper
4 Smoked Streaky Rashers
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Mix the 4health, egg, onion, herbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce together in a large bowl.
- Add the minced beef and combine all the ingredients together using a fork or your hands. Make sure mixture is evenly mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and press down evenly. Lay the rashers on top and bake for about 1 hour. Allow to sit in tin to “set” for about 5 minutes then transfer to serving dish. Leave the meat loaf to cool for about 15 minutes. It will carve much better if not piping hot.
- Serve either hot or cold with a salad or with chutney as an open sandwich!