50g / 2oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50g / 2oz Margarine
1 sliced Courgette
225g / 8oz diced Potato
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
1 small Green Pepper, chopped
125g / 4oz Mushrooms sliced
2 tablespoons chopped Fresh Parsley
3 large Eggs
150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Salt & Pepper
200g packet Grated Cheddar & Mozzarella
2 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a large deep quiche dish or a casserole dish.
- Melt the margarine in a large saucepan, add the courgette, potato, onion, pepper and mushrooms and gently fry for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the cheese and stir well. Finally add the mixture from the saucepan and the parsley and combine well.
- Transfer to the prepared dish and arrange tomato slices on top. Bake for about 35 minutes or until risen and a golden brown colour.
- Remove from oven and allow to “set” for 5 minutes, then slice and serve warm with a salad.