350g/12oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
50g/2oz Caster Sugar
75g/3oz Butter/Margarine (room temperature)
300ml/½ pint Milk (approx)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Dust flat baking tray with flour.
- Sieve the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Rub in margarine or butter with tips of fingers lifting ingredients to introduce air as you do. Mixture should resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add sufficient milk to mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and gently knead to remove any cracks.
- Roll out lightly to 3 cms/1” in thickness. Cut into scones with a cutter 8cms/3” dipped in flour.
- Preheat baking sheet/tray while cutting the scones.
- Bake on upper shelf position for 10/15 mins. approx . until risen and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- Serve with whipped cream and jam if liked!!
Above quantities may be doubled if you wish!