Tomato & Fennel Bread
225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
25g/1oz Fennel Seeds (crushed)
1 Teaspoon Odlums Bread Soda (sieved)
2 Tablespoons Roma Tomato Puree
50g/2oz Roma Sun Dried Tomatoes (chopped) optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the flour, seeds and bread soda into a bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and add the milk, puree and tomatoes, if used. Mix to a soft dough.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake in a central oven position for 40 to 45 minutes until risen and nicely browned. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and has a hollow sound.
- Turn onto a wire tray to cool.
4 Slices Odlums Tomato & Fennel Bread
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mixed Lettuce Leaves
Feta Cheese (finely cubed)
- Prepare Bread as per pack instructions
- Make up salad with the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and avocado, if used. Toss in a little dressing.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill, slice the bread and cut diagonally. Rub the bread with the clove of garlic, brush with the oil and place under the grill until lightly toasted. Turn over and repeat. Slices may also be toasted in a pre-heated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for about 10 minutes or until crispy
- Arrange a serving of salad on each.
6 tablespoons Walnut Oil or Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoons Wholegrain Mustard
1 tablespoon Rowse Honey (if liked)
Shake well together in a container.