Ingredients:225g / 8oz Wholemeal Pastry 210g tin Tuna 50g / 2oz Roma Easi Cook Rice (cooked) 50g / 2oz cooked Peas 50g / 2oz cooked Corn 1 small Onion (finely chopped) 3 hard boiled Eggs (chopped) 300ml / 1/2pt Parsley Sauce Freshly ground Pepper Milk to glaze
Wholemeal Pastry125g / 4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 125g / 4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour 125g / 4oz Margarine Pinch of Salt Cold Water
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a flat baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix together tuna fish, rice, peas, corn, onion and eggs. Add 3 tablespoons of the parsley sauce and stir to bind.
- Roll out pastry to a rectangle approx. 28cms x 18cms/11″ x 7″. Spread mixture on centre of rolled pastry.
- Cut pastry at sides of filling with a knife at an angle about 1/2″ apart. Using trellis effect bring pastry over fish, crossing in the centre. Brush with milk to glaze.
- Put onto prepared tin and bake for about 25 minutes until pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with remaining parsley sauce and garnish with lemon slices.
To Make Pastry
- Place flours and salt into a bowl. Coarsely rub in the margarine. Bind the ingredients with cold water. Turn onto a floured board, knead lightly and roll.