175g/6oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
Pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
75g/3oz Cheddar Cheese (grated)
2 tbl Iced Water
350g/12oz Cooked Vegetables e.g. Carrots, Peas, Beans, Brocolli, or Cauliflower Florets
2 Tomatoes (sliced)
300ml/1/2 pt Milk
Salt and Pepper
1 tbl grated Parmesan Cheese
- Stir the flour, salt and mustard together with the cayenne pepper. Rub in the margarine until the mixture is like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheddar cheese and mix with the water to a firm dough.
- Chill the pastry for 30 minutes. Roll out the pastry and use to line a 20cm/8″ flan ring.
- Bake blind in a moderately hot oven, 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6 for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the cooked vegetables and tomatoes in the base of the flan. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden. Serves 4-6.