Ingredients:350g/12oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
2 teaspoons Baking powder
150g/5oz Butter (room temperature)
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
125g/4oz Shamrock Raisins or Currants
1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
3 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat griddle or a heavy frying pan over a low heat.
- Put the flour, baking powder, butter and caster sugar into a bowl. Beat on low speed until mixture resembles crumble.
- Add the raisins or currants and mixed spice. Beat for another minute on low speed.
- Add the egg and milk and mix to form a firm dough. Roll out to about a centimetre in thickness. Using a 6cms/2″ cutter cut out the cakes.
- Place on preheated griddle or pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and dust with caster sugar and cool.
- Best eaten warm.