225g/8oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
1 Teaspoon Odlums Bread Soda
175g/6oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
200ml/7floz Sunflower Oil
200g/7oz Coarsely grated Carrot
2 Teaspoon Goodall's Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Goodall's Ground Nutmeg
60g Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
125g/4oz Low Fat Cream Cheese
75g/3oz Butter (room temperature)
75g/3oz Icing Sugar
20g Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 23cms/9” square tin.
- Put the eggs, oil and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until well blended. Add the carrot and mix well.
- Next, stir in the flour, bread soda (sieved) and spices. Finally mix in the 60g walnuts.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake in the centre of the oven until nicely risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to get cold in the tin, then, turn onto a wire tray.
- Make the topping by putting the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar into a bowl and beat until really smooth.
- When cake is completely cold, spread with the topping, smooth over with a fork and leave to ‘set’. Cut into squares and sprinkle the remaining walnuts on top of each square!