Wholemeal & Seed Wedges
150g/5oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
1 level Teaspoon Baking Powder
50g/2oz Butter or Margarine
1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1 Tablespoon Rowse Honey
150ml/¼ pt Milk
Poppy Seeds for dusting (optional)
165g Tin Sweet Corn (drained)
185g Tin Picnic Salmon (drained)
2 Spring Onions/Scallions (finely chopped)
2 Tablespoons Light Mayo
1 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
50g/2oz Shamrock Pine Nuts (optional)
Lettuce Leaves & Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly dust a flat baking tin/tray with flour.
- Put the flour, wholemeal and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Mix well together.
- Add the butter or margarine and rub through with the tips of fingers lifting as much as possible to introduce ‘air’. Next add the milk and honey and stir to a soft dough.
- Put the tin /tray into the oven to heat. Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and gently knead, shape into a round. Place on preheated tin and cut into 8 wedges. If liked dust top with poppy seeds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in an upper shelf position. Turn onto a wire tray to cool. Serve with a little butter or a sprinkling of olive oil with the salad.
Make salad by mixing together the sweet corn, salmon, onions, Mayo, Worcestershire sauce and pine nuts in a salad bowl. Put some lettuce on a ‘wedge’, then some of the salad and top with the tomatoes!