450g/1lb Odlums Strong White Flour
1 Teaspoon Mixed Spice
1 Sachet Fast Acting Yeast
Good Pinch of Salt
1 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
300ml/½pt Tepid Water
375g Packet Shamrock Fruit Mix
- Sieve the flour, mixed spice, yeast, salt and caster sugar into a bowl. Rub in the margarine.
- Add the water and mix to a soft dough. Knead and stretch the dough for about 5 minutes, a dough hook on a free standing mixer is ideal for this!
- Finally work the fruit into the dough.
- Shape into a round, place in a deep 20cms/8” deep tin and cover with a damp cloth (resting on the tin). Leave in a warm place until well risen.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. When dough is risen place into oven for about 40 minutes until golden brown and when base is tapped it has a hollow sound.
- Cool on a wire tray.