- 75g/3oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 25g/1oz Odlums Cornflour
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
- 125g/4oz Butter (softened)
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3. Beat butter and sugar together until smooth. A wooden spoon or electric mixer may be used!
- Add the flour, cornflour and ground almonds. Mix gently until a dough is formed.
- Use your finger tips to form dough into a ball and lightly knead, if necessary.
- Press dough into a greased 8”/20cm round. A sandwich tin may be used.
- Prick around top of dough with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until very pale in colour.
- Allow to set in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Slice or cut into shapes.
- As soon as shortbread is cold, store in an airtight tin.
For biscuits, roll out mixture on a floured surface and cut out shapes or rounds using biscuit cutters.
For fingers, press dough into a 7”/18cm square tin and cut into fingers after baking.
- Enjoy with fresh cream and strawberries
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream
- Perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee!