225g / 8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g / 4oz Margarine
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 large Egg (beaten)
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Cold Water
6 fun size Apples (peeled & cored)
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar per apple
1 pinch of Cinnamon per apple
1 teaspoon Butter per apple
150ml / 1/4 pt Water
75g / 3oz Sugar
25g / 1oz Butter
Level teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190°/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a swiss roll tin or a large deep foil container.
- Place the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl. Rub in the margarine. Add the egg, lemon juice and water, and work into a dough. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the apples.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll out each into a round. Place an apple on each round. Place the sugar, cinnamon and butter into the centre hole.
- Wrap the dough circle up around each apple and pinch the dough closed. Put into prepared container.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan, cook for 3 minutes over a medium heat until butter and sugar are melted.
- Pour the sauce over each dumpling and place into oven. Bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or cream.