350g / 12oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
200g / 7oz Shamrock Ready to Eat Apricots (chopped)
2 pieces Stem Ginger in syrup, finely chopped
75g / 3oz Shamrock Raisins
300ml / 1/2pt Orange Juice
125g / 4oz Shamrock Demerara Sugar
1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
2 Eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the apricots, ginger, raisins and orange juice into a bowl and leave to soak for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the flour and sugar together. Add the beaten eggs and oil to the apricot mixture. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the apricot mixture. Mix well.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Smooth top and bake in the centre of oven for about an hour, until well risen, golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes after taking from the oven, then, turn onto a wire to cool.