170g cream odlums flour
Pinch of salt
75g Unsalted butter
170g strawberry/raspberry jam
110g unsalted butter
110g caster sugar
110g ground almond
3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk.
1tsp almond extract
Handful blanched flaked almonds
- Rub flour and butter together with fingertips until crumb like texture add pinch of salt, and enough cold water to bring mixture to a smooth dough like form.
- Wrap in cling film and let sit in fridge for at least 30 min!
- Once it has been let sit, prepare you’re counter to roll out the pastry. I like mine very thin! Grease you’re round tin( with a little butter), before settling in pastry.
- Onto the filling, add butter and sugar into a bowl and blend into a creamy paste.
- From there add in the rest of your ingredients, ground almond, eggs and essence and whisk. You’re mixture should be smooth and creamy!
- Now to spread the raspberry jam, I like quiet a lot so make sure to be extra generous!
- Pour in the filling and place in a preheated fan oven of 200C/gas mark 6 for 30 minutes until lightly golden brown on top, with five minute to go sprinkle you’re flaked almond on top to toast nicely!
- Lastly let sit for 20 min- if you can and serve with a healthy dollop of cream!