- 250g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Muscavado Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Large Bananas (mashed)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the butter, sugar, eggs, mashed banana and vanilla essence into a bowl and beat well.
- Add the flour and stir into the mixture. Remove about 2 tablespoon of chopped walnuts from the packet (for the top!) and mix remainder into the mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, shake the reserved walnuts on top and bake in a central oven position for about 50 minutes until well risen and a knife gently pressed into the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in tin for about 10 minutes then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and tinfoil.