175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 level teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
125g/4oz Grated Carrot
1 x 432g tin crushed pineapple, in own juice (well drained)
3 tablespoons Sunflower Oil1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the flour, sugar, sieved bread soda and cinnamon into mixing bowl. Stir in the carrot and pineapple.
- Beat egg, oil and essence together and add to the dry ingredients. Beat until all well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 1 to 1½ hours until firm to the touch and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire tray to cool.