Ingredients:125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
100g packet Shamrock Flaked Almonds
200g tub Shamrock Glace Cherries (halved)
225g/8oz Caster Sugar
3 Eggs (beaten)
50g/2oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Almond Essence
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3. Line a swiss roll tin 28cms x 18cms/11″ x 7″ approx. with greaseproof paper, bringing the paper up about 2″ over the edge. A roasting tin or casserole may also be used.
- Sprinkle the almonds and cherries over the base of the prepared tin. Melt 50g/2oz of the margarine and 50g/2oz of the sugar, then, pour over the cherries and nuts.
- Beat the remaining margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, next beat in the eggs and mix in the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and almond essence.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin. Bake for about 45 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in tin for a few minutes, and then turn out carefully onto a wire tray, scraping any of the topping off the lining paper if necessary.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting.