175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
225g/8oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
325g/12oz Caster Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
4 Eggs (beaten)
100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
Pinch of Salt
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease an oblong brownie tin. 25cm/10” x 15cm/6”. Small roasting tin would also do.
- Melt the butter or margarine and chocolate together over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, eggs and chopped walnuts.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until crusty on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, cut into brownies.