175g /6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Butter (room temperature)
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cold Water
1 Tablespoon Cocoa (sieved)
1 Teaspoon Goodall’s Vanilla Extract
1 Extra Tablespoon Odlums Self Raising Flour
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 6. Line a 7 inch/18cm deep cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Gently stir in the flour and stir in the water.
- Divide the mixture between two small bowls. Add the extra flour and vanilla extract to one and stir to combine. Add cocoa to second bowl and also combine.
- Drop tablespoons of each mixture alternately into the prepared tin. Finally swirl top of mixture with knife.
- Bake for 40 minutes approx, until risen and firm to the touch when gently pressed.
- Remove from the oven. Leave in tin for ten minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool. When cold store in an airtight container.