250g/9oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
50g/2oz Drinking Chocolate
100g Packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
250g/9oz Caster Sugar
250g/9oz Margarine (room temperature)
450g/1lb Mascarpone Cheese
200g/7oz Chocolate (melted & cooled)
150g/5oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Grease and base line 2 x 20cms/8” Sandwich tins. Square or round can be used!
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and drinking chocolate into a large bowl. Add the ground almonds, then all the other ingredients.
- Beat for about 2 to 3 minutes until smooth. Divide evenly between the two prepared tins. Bake for about 40 minutes until firm to the touch when gently pressed.
- Turn onto a wire tray when baked and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile make the icing: Beat the mascarpone until smooth, then, add the cooled chocolate and the icing sugar. Beat well. Allow to cool in fridge for about half an hour.
- Use icing to sandwich cake with some of the raspberries. Then sandwich the cake and use the remaining icing and raspberries for the top of the cake!