- 275g/10oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter, room temperature
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Few drops Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
- Christmas Cutters e.g. Stars, Hearts, Trees, Snowmen
- Instant Royal Icing
- Coloured Writing Icing
- Silver/Gold Christmas Balls
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease flat baking trays.
- Put butter into a bowl and beat. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the beaten egg and vanilla essence. Add the flour and draw mixture together into a ball with your hands.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the dough until it is the thickness of a coin. Use cutters to make shapes (stars, hearts, Christmas trees etc.) and make holes for ribbon with a skewer or cocktail stick. Lift onto baking trays. Press silver balls onto dough.
- Bake biscuits for about 8 minutes until just pale in colour. Leave to harden for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire tray to cool.
- Add ribbons and any other decoration as liked!
To Make Cookie Christmas Tree:
Using a selection of varying sized star cutters, cut two of each size. When cold, cover each star with royal icing. Place a Christmas Ball on the point of each star. Starting with the largest star, arrange the cookies one on top of the other to form a tree.