IngredientsPastry 375g/12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 175g/6oz Margarine 150ml/1/4 Pint Cold Water Filling Jar of Mincemeat Topping 50g/2oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 125g/4oz Caster Sugar 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature) 2 Eggs (beaten) 75g/3oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut, plus 2 - 3 tablespoons extra
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F/ Gas 5. Lightly grease two 12 hole bun trays.
- Place flour in a mixing bowl, coarsely rub in the margarine. Add sufficient water (about 150ml/1/4 pt) to mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead. Roll out pastry on a floured board and cut out 24 discs and place in the prepared tins. Place in the fridge while making topping.
- Using the all-in-one method, beat together the flour, sugar, butter, eggs and the coconut until mixture is creamy.
- Put a spoonful of mincemeat into each of the pies and then top with a spoonful of coconut mixture. Sprinkle a little more coconut on top and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown. These can be frozen when cold
Nowadays bun tins vary in size, so the size of the spoonful depends on the size of the tin used.