225g / 8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
175 g / 6oz Butter or Margarine (At room temperature)
175g / 6oz Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Goodall’s Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoon Cold Water
Top half (waist up) of a doll
Fruitfield No Peel Marmalade
1 x 450g Packet shamrock ready to roll icing
2 x 250g Packet Instant Royal Icing
Goodall’s Blue Colouring
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 3. Lightly grease a 1 litre Pyrex pudding bowl.
- Using the all-in-one method, put cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Transfer to prepared bowl, spread the top of the mixture evenly and bake for 1¼ – 1½ hours, or until risen and golden brown.
- Turn onto a wire tray and cool.
- Trim top of cake level, and put this side downwards on your cake board
- Spread thin layer of marmalade over the cake
- Roll out the ready to roll icing, and ease onto cake
- Press Doll figure into top of cake
- Make up the instant roll icing, put a third of the icing into a separate bowl and colour blue
- Using a star nozzle, pipe blue stars close together over two thirds of the cake
- Finally outline front third of the cake with the white icing