125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Butter (softened)
125g/4oz Grated Cheddar
25g/1oz Rice Krispies
Honey & Mustard Dipping Sauce
3 Tablespoons Honey
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
(The sauce has no cholesterol and only 1 gram of fat)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Place the flour, butter and cheese into a large mixing bowl. Using tips of fingers rub ingredients together to form a dough.
- Finally, mix in the rice krispies.
- Shape dough into 1” balls and place a few inches apart on ungreased baking trays.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to ‘set’ for a few minutes then transfer to a wire tray to cool!
- Make up the sauce putting the ingredients into a saucepan over a low heat, stir then bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute, then, allow to cool and use as a dipping sauce. Commercially produced sauce may also be used!
These are delicious served with soup also.