2 Teacups Odlums Cream Plain Flour
2Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teacup Caster Sugar
2 Dessertspoons Cocoa (sieved)
2 Teacups Shamrock Desiccated Cocoanut
2 Teacups Cornflakes
225g/8oz Block Margarine or Butter (melted)
50g/2oz Butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper, bringing the paper up about an inch over the edge of the tin.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Add the melted margarine or butter and mix well making sure all the ingredients have been moistened with the butter/margarine, it will be very stiff!
- Press into the prepared tin and press down well.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until brown and ‘set’
- Remove from oven and allow to get cold.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter or margarine and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Stir occasionally until blended. Spread evenly over the cold traybake.
- When chocolate is ‘set’ cut into bars.