200g Packet Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
397g Tin Condensed Milk
Good few drops Goodall’s Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg White (room temperature)
Pinch of Salt
Makes 12 large 3’’/8cm or 24 small 1½’’/4cm macaroons
- Pre heat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3. Line flat baking trays with baking parchment.
- Combine coconut, condensed milk and vanilla extract in large bowl.
- Whip egg whites with a pinch of salt on high speed until peaks are formed.
- Carefully fold the egg white into the coconut mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture, slightly apart, onto the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for approx. 20 mins. until ‘just’ golden brown. Watch carefully as they burn easily!
- Remove from the oven. Allow to rest for a few minutes. Using a palette knife, remove from the parchment and place them on a wire tray to get cold.
- Store in an airtight container.