Ingredients:350g/12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 225g/8oz Butter (at room temperature) 125g/4oz Golden Caster Sugar 1 jar Mincemeat 1 small Egg (beaten) - optional for brushing Icing Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°C/Gas 6. Lightly grease two bun trays.
- Place flour into a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter, then mix in the sugar. Bring the mixture together to form a ball! Do not add any liquid, keep bringing the dough together and it will form a ball.
- Press small walnut sized pieces of pastry into each section of two patty tins. Put a teaspoon of the mincemeat into the centre.
- Take slightly smaller pieces of pastry than before and pat them out between your hands to make round lids, big enough to cover the pies. Top pies with the lids, pressing the edges together to seal – you do not need to seal them with milk, egg or water as they will stick on their own! If liked they may be brushed with the beaten egg.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire tray.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar.