150g/5oz Odlums Porridge Oatsflakes
50g/2oz Odlums Wheat Germ
100g Packet Shamrock Flaked Almonds
75g/3oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
6 Tablespoons Honey
50g/2oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
50g/2oz Shamrock Pitted Dates (chopped)
50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Dried Apricots
50g/2oz Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 20cms x 27cms tin.
- Put the oatflakes, almonds, coconut and wheat germ onto a large flat tray. Toast or bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally , until lightly browned. Then, pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C/300°F/Gas3.
- Put the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Pour liquid over the dry ingredients. Add the dates, apricots and cranberries and stir well.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Wet your fingers in cold water and press the mixture down evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown. Cool for a 2 hours before cutting into squares. Serve at room temperature.
Note: If liked melt 100g of chocolate with 25g of butter and spread over the top.