200g/7oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 Rounded Teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
4 Large Eggs
150g/5oz Caster Sugar
100ml Sunflower Oil or light Olive Oil
Grated Rind of 2 Oranges
Juice of 1 Orange
Few Drops Goodall’s Orange Essence
75g/3oz Butter (room temperature)
175g/6oz Icing Sugar
100g Shamrock Dark Chocolate, melted
Box of Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a 20cms/8” deep cake tin with baking parchment.
- Place eggs and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Using electric mixer, whisk until is thick and creamy and doubled in size.
- Sieve over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and gently ‘fold’ in. When almost mixed in, add the oil, juice and rind. Gently ‘fold’ in.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until cake is risen and spongy, when lightly pressed in the centre.
- Cool in tin for 10 mins. before transferring to wire tray to cool fully.
- For Icing: Cream butter & sugar together until light & fluffy. Add melted chocolate and whisk again until smooth.
- Spread icing over top and sides of cake. Decorate with Terry’s Chocolate Orange segments, as desired. Enjoy!