450g / 1lb Odlums Self Raising Flour
300ml / 1/2 pint Milk
75ml / 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
Good pinch of Salt
Extra Flour for rolling
- Place flour and salt into a bowl and mix well. Add the oil to the milk and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well together to form a dough. (Dough hooks on your mixer are ideal for this!)
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead to bring dough together smoothly.
- Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each into a very thin large round 20cm/8″.
- Heat a heavy non stick pan. When hot, put the tortilla onto pan for about 30 seconds until bubbles appear on top. Turn over and cook second side for 30 seconds.
- Stack them on top of each other as they are cooked.
- Use for quick Pizzas, Wraps and hot Sandwiches.
Quick Tortilla Pizzas
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Put Tortillas on large flat baking sheet. Scatter with Mozzarella cheese and some chopped, marinated roasted peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes until turning golden at edges and cheese is melting. Take from oven and top with some rocket and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place some chopped cooked chicken, shredded lettuce, thin slices of cheese and a spoonful of Ballymaloe Relish in the centre of the Tortilla. Fold into a wrap and cut in half.
- Place one Tortilla onto a hot pan. Spread over it some grated cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, finely chopped onion and some basil leaves. Place another Tortilla on top, press down well. Turn a few times on the hot pan until cheese begins to melt. Turn onto serving plate and cut into quarters. Serve hot.