Ingredients:200g / 7oz Odlums Cream Flour
200g / 7oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
125g / 4oz Margarine
4 Tablespoons of Treacle
4 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
125g / 4oz Caster Sugar
4 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1Teaspoon Bread Soda
1 Egg ( beaten)
150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas 2. Lightly grease a 23cms/9″ square cake tin or a roasting tin 25cms/10″ X 20cms/8″ approx.
- Put the margarine, treacle, golden syrup and sugar into a saucepan over a low heat. Melt and stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Place the flour, oatflakes, ginger and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and sieve in the bread soda. Mix these dry ingredients together.
- Add the melted mixture, beaten egg and milk to the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about an hour until firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin. Then turn out and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.