175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
4 Tablespoons Treacle
Light Muscovado Sugar
4 Tablespoons Hot Water
Pinch of Salt
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Good Pinch Shamrock Bread Soda
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line a muffin tin with nine paper cases.
- Heat the butter and hot water in a saucepan over a very low heat until butter is melted, allow to cool.
- Meanwhile beat the egg, treacle and Muscovado sugar together until well combined.
- Beat the cooled butter mixture into the egg mixture. Sieve the flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon and bread soda in on top and gently stir until well mixed.
- Divide between the paper cases and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and just beginning to crack on top.
- Transfer to wire tray to cool.
- Serve on their own on with cream or ice cream!!