350g/12oz Tritamyl Gluten Free Flour
1/2 glass Whiskey
225g/8oz Shamrock Sultanas
225g/8oz Shamrock Raisins
225g/8oz Shamrock Currants
50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Cherries
50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Peel
25g/1oz Shamrock Chopped Almonds
Pinch of Salt
1/2 teaspoon Mixed Spice
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
50g/2oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
125g/4oz Brown Sugar
- Sprinkle half of whiskey over the dried fruit and chopped almonds and leave overnight.
- Sieve flour, salt and spices into a bowl and mix in the ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and creamy.
- Alternately stir in the eggs and Tritamyl mixture.
- Stir in the mixed fruit.
- Transfer to a greased and lined 9″/23cm tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for 3 1/2 – 4 hours approx.
- Cool in tin. When cold, pour over the remaining whiskey.
Suitable for Christmas / Wedding Cake