225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Margarine or Butter
175g/6oz Granulated Sugar
1 level teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
2 Eating Apples (peeled, cored & roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 2lb/900g loaf tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- Beat margarine and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the sieved flour and cinnamon, if used.
- Mix in the chopped apples and stir well. .
- Transfer to prepared tin, level top with back of spoon.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes in a central oven position until risen and ‘firm’ to the touch.
- Allow to stand in tin for about 5 minutes, then, turn onto a wire tray to cool.