225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
1 level teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
3 Apples (peeled & cored)
- Beat margarine and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the sieved flour and cinnamon, if used.
- Roughly chop 2 1/2 apples and stir into the mixture.
- Place into a greased and base lined 900g/2lb loaf tin. Slice the remaining half apple into thin circles and arrange on top of mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 30 minutes approx.
- Allow to stand in tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.