150g/5oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
75g/3oz Plain Chocolate
2 tablespoons Honey
75g/3oz Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
150ml/ 1/4 pt Milk
Icing50g/2oz Plain Chocolate
3 tablespoons Water
2 tablespoons Butter
225g/8oz Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and line 20cms/8″ cake tin.
- Put the chocolate and honey into a bowl and place over a pan of hot water. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool.
- Cream margarine and sugar together. Beat in the chocolate mixture, then the eggs.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder together. Stir into the mixture with the vanilla essence and the milk.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 40 minutes. Turn onto a wire tray.
- When cake is cool make the icing: Put the chocolate and water into a saucepan over a low heat and melt. Remove from heat, add the butter, when butter is melted beat in the sugar.
- Spread icing over the cake and make a swirl design with a knife.
- Pipe Granny’s name on cake if liked!