225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Margarine (room temperature)
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
150ml/ ¼pt Milk (less 2 Tablespoons)
350g/12oz Shamrock Fruit Mix
1 Level Teaspoon Mixed Spice
Shamrock Walnut Halves
- Preheat oven to 160° C/325° F/Gas 3. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Using the All-in-One method put the flour, margarine, sugar, milk, eggs, fruit and mixed spice into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until all ingredients are well mixed. Transfer to the prepared tin. Smooth top with back of spoon. Place the walnuts on top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 to1 hours until well risen and a knife pushed into loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to remain in tin for about 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire tray to cool.
Note: If getting too brown during baking cover loaf with sheet of greaseproof paper.